Thursday 26 July 2012

London 2012: Olympics Opening Ceremony Technical Rehearsal

I had an amazing opportunity to watch the technical rehearsal for the opening ceremony of the Olympics here in London on Monday! As soon as I got to Stratford station, it was just absolutely packed with people. It was so hard to walk through the crowd especially with me being so short! But I really felt the excitement which got me so excited too even though I was on my own.

The Olympic Park is MASSIVE. I had to go through airport style security twice to get inside the park. I didn't get the chance to walk around the Olympic Park but they had many food stalls and staff around. Everyone was pretty much taking pictures and talking about how amazing and exciting it is to be there.

The stadium itself is also massive! It just felt amazing knowing that in a couple of days, great athletes from all over the world will be there for the opening. We waited quite a bit before the rehearsal actually started. Danny Boyle, who is the director of the opening ceremony made a little speech about it. The rehearsal was almost like the real thing but because they want to keep some elements a surprise, there were a few bits and bobs missing like certain video clips they wanted to show. Danny Boyle also asked for us not to upload any pictures and videos online before friday so it would not ruin it for everyone else. "Save the surprise" ;)

The whole show was amazing. From what I saw from where I was sitting anyway. People watching it in TV will probably see more than those who are watching it in the stadium. But of course, the atmosphere is just different and the fact that you're there present with all these amazing people is better. I really enjoyed the whole show though and I'm sure everyone else did too. There was a lot of "oohs" and "aaahs" and certain parts of it were very comedic. The concept was really good and there's something for everyone. I badly want to post pictures, but I don't want to ruin it. I can't wait for the rest of the world to see it. I'm so proud to be a Londoner right now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment